About Me

My photo
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Sup world? My name is Douglas James but my friends call me Doug. Most people would tell you that i'm a really cool dude, and they're right. Other people would tell you that i'm smart or bright so i let them think that as well! But for real though, i'm just a 19 year old African American Male who loves his family and friends to death. I think that i have a way with words and that i'm wise beyond my years, but that's just my opinion. I'm entering my sophomore year at ______ in the fall (snickering to my self). I'm currently pursuing a degree in english. This year is a year of many changes and i hope you can keep up!!!

Thursday, June 26, 2008

pause, and reflect (a phrase that i got from my homie cj)

i'd just like to thank God right now! for people, some i know and some i don't, to see something in me and just be taken back by what ever that may be and give me complements on how fine of a person i've grown to be is just over whelming. I don't have expectations of most people but i'm starting to get some for my self. I have no clue if i'm different from most guys but people keep telling me that so it must be true. I don't think i have high confidence, but someone once told me they'd kill for my confidence. Do i think i deserve the best friends on earth? no, but i have them and they have me. If i need a goon ten will show up, if i need a diplomat ten of them will show up too. I know people in low and high places... are the ones in high places of greater value than those in low places to me? Hell no!

My mother told me that there's no way you can treat everybody the same but you can treat everyone fair and i guess it just stuck with me. i'm very open minded and i try to see things from different vantage points but sometimes it irks me when others refuse to do the same...

Is this young man perfect? the furthest from it if you asked me. I'm full of flaws that i don't want people to know about but that's part of being human. The more people start to realize that they are more alike than they are different the better this world would be, but unfortunately we live in a world where religion, sex, age, race, political views, culture, and life style preferences divides us into groups that are not willing to accept others who differ from our selves. I always tell people what i would do or how they should handle certain situations but when i finish i say make sure that you do you... and what that means to me is that i'll do whats best for me and you should do the same!

To all my friends out there from junebug who i've known since i was like 5 to larry who i just met last year, to alex who i knew of but just really met in june... i love all my homies and there's nothing you can do about it! I'm a man so i don't have to say no homo, it's kinda childish in my personal opinion!

No comments: