About Me

My photo
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Sup world? My name is Douglas James but my friends call me Doug. Most people would tell you that i'm a really cool dude, and they're right. Other people would tell you that i'm smart or bright so i let them think that as well! But for real though, i'm just a 19 year old African American Male who loves his family and friends to death. I think that i have a way with words and that i'm wise beyond my years, but that's just my opinion. I'm entering my sophomore year at ______ in the fall (snickering to my self). I'm currently pursuing a degree in english. This year is a year of many changes and i hope you can keep up!!!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Man on Fire

I step out on da scene and i leave smoldering impressions in the streets
you can admire and be inspired but never ask god to be like me...
CAUSE I'M A MAN ON FIRE
it could be worse but my situation is dire
you could call them tears but you'd be wrong
those sorrowful drops of ether falling from my eyes could sing their own sad song
i'm used to living life this way but i'm yelling "how long?"
real talk, that water deep play with gators and you'll be drowned
you might need help so go on and phone home
but not like that new lil wayne song
good advice comes from those who have been grown for so long
then you could smell me fo you see me cause i smell like ash
remember i'm blazing trick i can't even take a bath
how you thank that feel cause loved ones i can't have
my baby nephew you, his hands i can't grab
the only good thing about it is no crabs
sizzling jabs, searing stabs, torch for a mask
no gatorade, the flames prefer gas
the sun aint got nothing on my cause he's light years away
the same place i should be
but this is my life and i live it like a G
i couldn't, cause i don't want to, do no body but me!



No comments: