About Me

My photo
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Sup world? My name is Douglas James but my friends call me Doug. Most people would tell you that i'm a really cool dude, and they're right. Other people would tell you that i'm smart or bright so i let them think that as well! But for real though, i'm just a 19 year old African American Male who loves his family and friends to death. I think that i have a way with words and that i'm wise beyond my years, but that's just my opinion. I'm entering my sophomore year at ______ in the fall (snickering to my self). I'm currently pursuing a degree in english. This year is a year of many changes and i hope you can keep up!!!

Monday, August 11, 2008

hello to the one if

my homie deuce debonair got a beat that is sampled from lionel ritchie's hello song and it starts off like

" i've been along with you in side my mind
and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times
i sometimes see you pass outside my door.
Hello, is it me you're looking for..."

when it says that my verse starts and it's the answer to the question that he asks...

i woulda said yes, but our situation's different
when we aint talking on the phone it feels like something's missing
maybe i'm just pushing you away but i pray for the day when i can say
that i love and adore you, i still want some more of you
kinda like a buffet, but one of only sundae
wrestle, kiss, and play i'll do most of what you say
and all of what i feel, doubt nothing about these feelings that i feel
and i'm oh so for real like that group from the 90's
my motivations are more than just going for your undies
i know that i can be a dummy or even kinda bummy
but i swear i imagine you laying on my tummy
telling me about your day, and how things did not go your way
and me telling you that that's the way ...
it be some time ...
and though i don't like to press rewind i know it's not my time
but when it is i hope that i'll wanna say the same things i'm saying this day just like (like echoes three times)

and the beat comes back in saying hello. i meant it all but the last part is the only if there is to the whole situation.the beat is so smooth that i don't wanna come wack on it and my homies are forcing me to get it perfect for the album. then we got more songs in the work like southern summer time, and cocaine... i'm gonna have to take this serious because we have an album and a mixtape in production right now and i personally want them to be bumping in peoples ipods by november and i know we can make that happen. then i'm still trying to think of imaginative ways to make this comic thing work with an eye full of sand and i'm still wanting to put together a poetry book and a short story and i know that's kinda ambitious but to be hones i'm kinda inspired by p. diddy... the man doesn't sleep and he's a business version of the phrase "renassaince man" which basically means someone who is good at everything that he does... i know i have the potential to be like that but i haven't been pushed hard enough... BY ME.. no one else can make me work to my potential and if i wanna life the luxurious life that i have in my head then the grind starts right here and right now... i don't have to be president of the world to help my country i can do it in other ways and the more i watch the political race that's going on now the less i want people putting my family in front of the lens so i might not dow it but i do want to be a lawyer still and i think it'll be cool because i know i can still do what it is that i really have a passion for and thats helping people... and i think i know what i want for real. i want a woman who is beautiful, smart, hard-working, witty, has a good sense of humor, chases her dreams, believes in god, and wants me as much as i want her... i think thats about it.

No comments: