About Me

My photo
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Sup world? My name is Douglas James but my friends call me Doug. Most people would tell you that i'm a really cool dude, and they're right. Other people would tell you that i'm smart or bright so i let them think that as well! But for real though, i'm just a 19 year old African American Male who loves his family and friends to death. I think that i have a way with words and that i'm wise beyond my years, but that's just my opinion. I'm entering my sophomore year at ______ in the fall (snickering to my self). I'm currently pursuing a degree in english. This year is a year of many changes and i hope you can keep up!!!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"I love you,i'll never let you go"

I came up with this little story right before my senior year in high school and during that time i was just experiencing a lot and i thought i was gonna die if things didn't turn out my way and i wrote dozens of poems, stories, thoughts and all that good stuff but i liked this one... i can't find the original but this rewrite should be really close... here goes

an older guy had decided that he would surprise his wife and do something different this night so he packed a blanket and a bottle of wine into the truck. he then asked his wife to take a drive with him and of course she said that she would. he drove a familiar route to one of their old get away spots high onto the mountain. when he arrived at the spot he spread the blanket on the hood of the car and helped his wife onto it and uncorked the wine and poured two cups... the view was breath taking! the city was like little christmas lights upon a beautiful black canvas. The moon hid itself from view that night but that just gave the starts an opportunity to shine brighter than usual and they did just that. now they were talking and reminiscing on the bluff of this mountain when a terrible chain of events began... the truck's breaks stopped working and the man wasn't as quick as he had been in his youth so he couldn't stop the truck and his wife definitely was brave and jumped from the hood. however she rolled about an inch to far and rolled right over the edge of the cliff but the man lept forward and barely caught her wrist. he was sliding forward and couldn't really stop himself. he tried to tell his wife that everything would be alright but his eyes betrayed him to the highest degree. the wife smiled the same smile that had captured the man's heart in high school and asked
"do you remember our first kiss honey?"
and the man replied "yes, it was at the drive in and i told you that i loved you , and that i'd never let you go"
as he said this he slid forward and half of is body was over the cliff and the situation that was already bad had gotten so much worse in a matter of moments.
she asked "and do you remember the day that we were married?
he answered yes "i told you that i'd love you for all eternity and that i'd never let you go"
no matter how hard the man tried he could not pull his wife back up to him no matter how hard he tried
and she said with tears streaming down her face "i love you, u know this, but this time you have to let me go"

No comments: