About Me

My photo
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Sup world? My name is Douglas James but my friends call me Doug. Most people would tell you that i'm a really cool dude, and they're right. Other people would tell you that i'm smart or bright so i let them think that as well! But for real though, i'm just a 19 year old African American Male who loves his family and friends to death. I think that i have a way with words and that i'm wise beyond my years, but that's just my opinion. I'm entering my sophomore year at ______ in the fall (snickering to my self). I'm currently pursuing a degree in english. This year is a year of many changes and i hope you can keep up!!!

Monday, July 14, 2008

home run

how many of you watch baseball? well i really don't but i've seen my friends pitch a couple of pretty interesting pitches but my favorite is the curve ball. a lot of people say that you can't see around the curve but tell that to the guy who does... what i mean is this. the curve ball is my favorite because just when you think that it's not in the strike zone it will come zooming back in from any and every angle and past right over the plate... it can drop into the strike zone, it can curve into the strike zone form either the left or the right. it's a work of art if you can manage to have control of it. fast or slow it's just effective... UNLESS, there is a batter who knows just what the pitcher knows. that batter knows that you don't try to see where the ball is going, it's where it comes from, because the point of origin is what really matters, and you only have so much time to determine if it's a good pitch or not and even less time to determine if you should even swing... but those few who have it down can hit home runs everytime... Home run, i like the sound of that. It's a real momentum shifter, no matter what the game looks like at any point, a home run provides hope for those who need it and you never know when it's going to happen. you just look forward to a glimpse of a real life home run!

No comments: