About Me

My photo
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Sup world? My name is Douglas James but my friends call me Doug. Most people would tell you that i'm a really cool dude, and they're right. Other people would tell you that i'm smart or bright so i let them think that as well! But for real though, i'm just a 19 year old African American Male who loves his family and friends to death. I think that i have a way with words and that i'm wise beyond my years, but that's just my opinion. I'm entering my sophomore year at ______ in the fall (snickering to my self). I'm currently pursuing a degree in english. This year is a year of many changes and i hope you can keep up!!!

Friday, July 11, 2008

1st place goes to Dougie

just got off the phone with sundae and i'm feeling like there's no way to win! however, when there's a will there's a way, and i am willing to wager that all of my life i've been willing to make others happy. I'm starting down a road where i won't go back on my word... now i know that you may be thinking "well, what's your word this time?" my words are: i'm going to try and make me happy. this isn't the most certain decision i've ever made but i have to look my self in the mirror and i don't want to be one of the many people who do that and see someone they don't recognize any more. It would have been easy to walk away from this entire situation and just chalked it up to me being too damn friendly, but it's not that. It's something more than that... at least it is to me! That's all that matters (well not completely). i ask questions that do not require answers because i just want you to think and ponder because that's how i spend all of my day. i try to block her out but to no avail and that's part of why i like her so much. She is the reason why i've made my mind up to worry about Douglas Martin James first. The guy who has decided to be his own Douglas, as opposed to trying to live up to my fathers' name; the guy who has decided to aim high so that even if he fails it won't be bad because he knew it was a high target to hit from the beginning; the Man who chose not to let the one thing that makes him the happiest right now go without even fighting for it! I've chosen to try to be the guy that makes you grin when you think of something i've said, that makes you smile when you here my voice, that makes you never want to get of the phone, that makes you want to take road trips to Mobile, the Man that makes you happy! All i can do is try, and u know my motto: Do you! If i'm not him, i'll be elated for you when you do meet him or when he finally realizes your worth... either way, I'll still be your dougie. yea, i'm kinda putting me out there and it's quite relieving! I have a freeze frame of her smile in my head and that's what comes to mind when someone says her name or my phone rings and jay-z's "i know" plays...

No comments: