About Me

My photo
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Sup world? My name is Douglas James but my friends call me Doug. Most people would tell you that i'm a really cool dude, and they're right. Other people would tell you that i'm smart or bright so i let them think that as well! But for real though, i'm just a 19 year old African American Male who loves his family and friends to death. I think that i have a way with words and that i'm wise beyond my years, but that's just my opinion. I'm entering my sophomore year at ______ in the fall (snickering to my self). I'm currently pursuing a degree in english. This year is a year of many changes and i hope you can keep up!!!

Friday, August 27, 2010

just a nigga

i've survived in places you can't believe
endured what your mind can't conceive
because i'm just a nigga

don't make money much
but changed they way the lived
revolutionized they way the build
grew food for the enemy upon baron fields
because i'm just a nigga

jump so high
run so fast
don't mean to brag
and if it makes you mad, do all in my power to make you laugh
because i'm just a nigga

the definition of king, queen, and being
geographically speaking jesus had to be the color of a coffee bean
hair like a sheep, kinda like my dreads
pray on my knees, thankful for where i'm at
unafraid to be scared
scared to not be great
and i've learned from all my mistakes
even learned more from all the world's hate
because i'm just nigga

and being a nigga you gotta giggle
instead of shedding those insignificant tears
aint nobody gonna stop judging you
and the stumbling blocks won't stop coming long as you here
but while you're here, both listen and hear
that after all these years of forging
being molded
i'm just a nigga for them to fear
but to my people and the ones i hold dear
look no further cause ya nigga right here
i'ma negus, didn't yall hear?

No comments: