About Me

My photo
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Sup world? My name is Douglas James but my friends call me Doug. Most people would tell you that i'm a really cool dude, and they're right. Other people would tell you that i'm smart or bright so i let them think that as well! But for real though, i'm just a 19 year old African American Male who loves his family and friends to death. I think that i have a way with words and that i'm wise beyond my years, but that's just my opinion. I'm entering my sophomore year at ______ in the fall (snickering to my self). I'm currently pursuing a degree in english. This year is a year of many changes and i hope you can keep up!!!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

parts of me

i used to be a scholar for them words...
what power in nouns, pronouns, adjectives, verbs, and adverbs.
they were just as much part of me as they were of speech.
conjunctions, prepositions, and interjections for elections,
they change the flow of life like blood flow to an erection.
correction comes with red ink just like lies come with group think
... i challenge each individual to think for themselves,
climb jacob's ladder instead of taking the stairs,
and instead of being brave enough to show the god in you,
petrification, results of being scared.
it's a horror show to see my people so
i wish these wicked images had a hell to which they could go
dragging the hate and bad intentions down with them
beneath our range of hearing
build a Utopian future upon ingenious engineering
so little time is the only thing i'm fearing
my god is so gracious
so forgiving
and generous when it comes to favor
dear, heavenly father
i just have one more wish
i pray through you son jesus the will and strength no never quit
and the focus to know that living for your will and not mine
will be paid with bliss.
TRUE!
heavenly bliss.
i take aim
hold breath with steady wrists
until my time is up and i'm done with this earthly
shit aint easy, even when all goes right
left the quill for the mic,
and since then something just aint felt right
i don't sleep well at night
i guess that was just the parts of speech
showing me how much i missed me.
i hope all of hell writes letters i never get
for all eternity
sulking bout how
they miss me how i missed me.

No comments: