About Me

My photo
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Sup world? My name is Douglas James but my friends call me Doug. Most people would tell you that i'm a really cool dude, and they're right. Other people would tell you that i'm smart or bright so i let them think that as well! But for real though, i'm just a 19 year old African American Male who loves his family and friends to death. I think that i have a way with words and that i'm wise beyond my years, but that's just my opinion. I'm entering my sophomore year at ______ in the fall (snickering to my self). I'm currently pursuing a degree in english. This year is a year of many changes and i hope you can keep up!!!

Monday, June 22, 2009

110 degree heat index

so... it's me again, doug j. i've been up since about 5:30 pm YESTERDAY!!! i was writing some music, and talking with the brother lb last night. any way... i just came from my cousin's house sitting out on the porch talking to her about a little bit of everything. the temperature was rising the whole time we were talking so i had to beat it back to the house before i burst into flames. today i went on a mile and a half walk around my neighborhood and it really wasn't that bad. i left the house around 550 am got back right before 620... i thought i woulda died but to tell the truth it wasn't that bad. i didn't loose my breath, and my legs weren't hurting... i could feel the signs of my sedentary life style catching up with me in the last couple minutes though. i did some light free weights to try and tighten up my chest as well... i'll be on some crunches later tonight to balance it all out. and hopefully i can make this an every day thing with a few rest days sprinkled throughout. i'm supposed to be recording with some of the homies later, but they better catch me before i pass out or else i won't answer my phone... (when i pass out, my ears shut completely down)...

a snippet from some lyrics i wrote to drake's november 18th instrumental (i been writing decent lines lately so i'm trying not to cool off, i'm even coming up with different styles to deliver my rhymes with... i can go fast, slow, use the last word of a rhyme as the beginning of the next, ambiguous lines that leaves room for many interpretations... all the things that seperate good rappers from the rest... ps... it's hard work)

"...vultures circling, time murdering
my sincerity
this aint how love supposed to be
or is it just me?
it aint just me, it's the emptiness and i
riding off into the thing where the ground touch the sky..."

another snippet off cassidy's aim for the head instrumental

"charming, young, suave guy
that be i
pimp limp in my blood the doctor's couldn't change that
months after surgery my limp came right back
updated news, dj's better check that
mic like nascar my crew finna wreck that
repo man of the game homeboi where my check at
take it to a battle then bet that
can't loose to a punch line spitter
i'm redeeming rap's credibilty quicker
than the average, babbage, wack actors
trying pose as talented rappers"

and even though this stuff is just alright, i know i can... scratch that... i know that i have to write better material if i want people to want to listen to my music. and even with all of these different lines dancing in my head i'm still quite distracted and it's just making me wanna drown it out even more. i really don't know what to say, how can i have a conversation when i don't know what it is i'd like to say... or even if the words are worth saying... this ish is ridiculous... real talk... but on the lighter side of things... i might catch a movie or something tonight... maybe bowling... who knows... i need to get out and let my hair down a bit before i become swallowed up by the monster that is my thoughts... peace out, be cool world

No comments: