About Me

My photo
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Sup world? My name is Douglas James but my friends call me Doug. Most people would tell you that i'm a really cool dude, and they're right. Other people would tell you that i'm smart or bright so i let them think that as well! But for real though, i'm just a 19 year old African American Male who loves his family and friends to death. I think that i have a way with words and that i'm wise beyond my years, but that's just my opinion. I'm entering my sophomore year at ______ in the fall (snickering to my self). I'm currently pursuing a degree in english. This year is a year of many changes and i hope you can keep up!!!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

dearest

dear love,

i recall the fact that you asked me to keep in touch
backwards and silly how i'm rarely in it
love is war, the fog of, blinds doug
what you're worth can barely be contained by words
i try and make them enough
if at all possible
illogical how you make the man in me a toddler
i'm taken aback, not by what you do
but i believe it's the god in you
amazing like kaleidescope
heavenly to my pupils
set apart from your peers
coltrane to my ears
will you be my one and only love?
nurture mines, and i'll foster yours.
your hellos are mountains that i hop scotch while on my way to forever
missing few, hitting most, under appreciating none
and even if it isn't shown, please forgive
i have love for what was, shall be, and things that breed only where imagination is
time yields only to boredom so it streams when i think of...
if you only knew the rest of how i lose sleep over you
sincerely,
1/2

No comments: