About Me

My photo
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Sup world? My name is Douglas James but my friends call me Doug. Most people would tell you that i'm a really cool dude, and they're right. Other people would tell you that i'm smart or bright so i let them think that as well! But for real though, i'm just a 19 year old African American Male who loves his family and friends to death. I think that i have a way with words and that i'm wise beyond my years, but that's just my opinion. I'm entering my sophomore year at ______ in the fall (snickering to my self). I'm currently pursuing a degree in english. This year is a year of many changes and i hope you can keep up!!!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

naked is a movement

12-16-09 i decided to get naked. naked has nothing to do with clothing or sex. it's a mindset/belief system more than anything else. if you are naked you won't keep dead weight around you, whether it be your leg or your best friend if it holds you down or holds you back cut it off and keep moving towards your goals. naked people will not care what the world thinks because one will know that their opinions shouldn't make or break you. that person will also handle business and do everything he or she is supposed to do and complete that task with their best effort. there's nothing wrong with having fun but everything in moderation. because we are flawed beings, naked people won't worry about the small things that go wrong or the things they can not control because that comes with life. a naked person will not be negative or pessimistic;however, they will be realistic. last but not least a naked person will prioritize their life, god (or whoever you believe in) first then everything else. don't misunderstand me a naked person can care about anything and everything as deep as the next person but they will not care about others when it is not reciprocated.

now that i got that outta the way, i'm still at usa and there's nothing wrong with that. not looking forward to classes in the spring. switching my major to mass communications. writing and rapping more and more these days. i think i'm becoming more at ease of the situations between me and females. i don't have to like it but i can live with it. and because i can't change them i'm still looking for one where the feelings are mutual. i'm not the type of guy who haves sex with women because i can but i do think about it a lot these days. a true life cut friend, and i know a few candidates too who've already made offers. it's really not me and i hope it doesn't become me. the dreads are much longer so i guess i'll have to put up a new pic eventually.

just wrote this, haven't even went over it for real, goes with this india arie song


i'm not average either, and it was nice to meet ya
i hope that i can call you or even set date to see ya
more often than not
i meet women with no esteem in anything
especially when the subject is their self
and you might have the same luck with guys
who are about notches on their belt
not i, don't mistake me for that guy
with confidence i tell you i'm human
and if there is an us
i'll think about us with every action that i'm doing
and even though i make mistakes
i will also try to fix every one i make
i love to just be
being chill is just me
and i'd like you to know you can still move here
but know where ever you are is where i'll want to be

No comments: